DETROIT — Chevrolet will be the presenting sponsor for the 2011 Woodward Dream Cruise, a grassroots event that each August draws some 1.5 million car enthusiasts toMichigan’s legendaryWoodward Avenue.
This year’s Dream Cruise on Aug. 20, the first in the three-year sponsorship agreement, will help mark Chevrolet’s Centennial.
“Chevrolet has always had a strong presence as part of the Woodward Dream Cruise, and we’re honored to have them become the presenting sponsor of the event,” said Greg Rassel, president of the Woodward Dream Cruise. “We are looking forward to what lies ahead for the Dream Cruise, as this partnership will help the growth of our event over the next several years.”
Chevrolet is showcasing its past, present, and future at the Dream Cruise, including:
- Historic Chevrolets owned and driven by fans, employees, and retirees
- A showcase of current Chevrolets, including Equinox, Cruze, Camaro, Corvette, and Volt
- A chance for fans to see future Chevys, including the new Sonic small car, which will be built inMichigan, and the ZL1 Camaro
- Performance vehicles and powertrains on display in Memorial Park inRoyal Oak
- Chevrolet Volt owners will participate in the Dream Cruise and related events, making this the first year that a significant number of electrically driven cars will participate in the Cruise.
“Chevrolet and the Woodward Dream Cruise are a natural partnership,” said Rick Scheidt, vice president, Chevrolet marketing. “Chevrolet, as a global brand, is celebrating its centennial with locally focused events that recognize the passion people have for their Chevrolets.”
The Dream Cruise is open to everyone and free to attend.
Details can be found at WoodwardDreamCruise.com.
Other Corvette related events leading up to the 2011 WoodwardDream Cruise
Chevrolet Corvettes will be featured at shows the weeks before Dream Cruise including the Oxford Rotary/North Oaks Corvette Club show Aug. 6 (www.celebrateoxford.com ) , Corvettes America at Alpine Valley, Michigan’s largest Corvette Show Aug. 13 (www.corvettesamerica.org ), and Corvettes on Woodward August 17 (https://corvettesinjimzgarage.wordpress.com/2011/04/21/corvettes-run-woodward-for-charity/ )